AMA Membership Is Required to be a Member of Wasatch Aero Modelers:
Wasatch Aero Modelers membership is open to men, women, boys and girls of all ages, with building and flying skills ranging from beginner to expert. One of the few required steps involved to becoming a club member is to join AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics). The AMA offers many benefits. Below are the overview, benefits and links to join AMA.
AMA Program Overview:
Online enrollment forms are only accepted for United States citizens. CLICK HERE to download the enrollment form. Online enrollment forms are also now accepted for those below the age of 18, but a digital signature of a parent or legal guardian is required. CLICK HERE to register or renew your AMA membership online.
AMA Membership Programs:
There are two types of AMA membership packages. 1) Full Membership Program – This allows all AMA benefits and does not restrict the size or power options of the aircraft. 2) Park Pilot Program – It is more economical, but the aircraft must not exceed 2 pounds, 60 mph, and may not be powered with an internal combustion engine. The Park Pilot Program also does not offer the same insurance coverage as the full membership program. Below describes the full membership program in detail:
Full Membership Program
- Age 19-65 – $75
- 65 & over – $65
- Under 19 – Free or $15 with magazine
- Additional family members – $38
- $2,500,000 personal liability insurance coverage
- $25,000 Medical Coverage-AD&D Policy ($10,000 Death Benefit)
- $1,000 Fire, Theft, and Vandalism coverage
- Model Aviation monthly magazine
- Access to members only section of website
- Ability to fly at thousands of AMA chartered club sites with appropriate club membership
- Toll free customer service – 1-800-I-Fly-AMA (435-9262)
- Always comply with the AMA Safety Code.